The latest NetEvents symposium, held in Evian, France, was attended by a group of leading networking and telecoms experts including analysts from research firms Gartner, Yankee Group, Quocirca, Canalys, Current Analysis, EuroLan Research, Disruptive Analysis and Moriana.
Technology vendors including, BT, HP, 3Com, DiVitas Networks, Iometrix Systems, Strix Systems, Resolute Networks, Hatteras Networks, Ceragon, the Metro Ethernet Forum and TippingPoint also attended the event.
The symposium saw Alireza Mahmoodshahi, chief technology officer at Colt, deliver a keynote detailing the challenges and opportunities facing operators in today's highly dynamic communications market. Debate topics included:
- The Data or the Source - which is the real threat to network security?
- The Access Challenge - who will dominate the last mile?
- The Backhaul Battle - who will win?
- Virtualisation - will it change the way we use servers forever?
Podcasts live from the show floor at NetEvents:
- Interview with Rob Bamforth, principal analyst at Quocirca
- Interview with Mac Taylor, founder and CEO of The Moriana Group
Cotton seedling freezes to death as Chang'e-4 shuts down for the Moon's 14-day lunar night
Fortnite easily out-earns PUBG, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018
Meteor showers as a service will be visible for about 100 kilometres in all directions
Saturn's rings only formed in the past 100 million years, suggests analysis of Cassini space probe data
New findings contradict conventional belief that Saturn's rings were formed along with the planet about 4.5 billion years ago