The government has announced the creation of a new technology advisory board featuring high-profile individuals from the worlds of technology, finance and the public sector.
The group will report to the Government Digital Services (GDS) department, and will be chaired by Stephen Foreshew-Cain, executive director of the GDS.
Members appointed to the advisory board include Richard Allen, director of policy at Facebook; Dr Sue Black; baroness Lane-Fox; Sir Nigel Shadbolt, founder of the Open Data Institute; Saul Klein, founder of LoveFilm; and Monique Shivanandan, group CIO of Aviva. The remaining members are listed below.
The plan is for the group to meet once a quarter to "support, advise and challenge" how the government uses technology to provide better services to the public, and consider how emerging digital and technology trends could be used by public services.
Cabinet Office minister Matthew Hancock unveiled the board during the Sprint 16 tech event, saying that access to the expertise of tech ‘heavyweights’ will ensure that the government focuses its technology strategy on the right areas.
“I’m thrilled to have these experts onboard and looking forward to working closely with them to discover and build the new digital infrastructure,” he added.
The remaining members of the board are:
• Joanne Hannaford, global co-head of enterprise platforms at Goldman Sachs
• Hermann Hauser KBE, co-founder of Amadeus Capital Partners
• Brent Hoberman, co-founder and executive chairman at Founders Factory Ltd
• Brian McBride, chairman of ASOS and former UK managing director of Amazon.co.uk
• Herman Narula, CEO and co-founder of Improbable
• Wendy Tan White, general partner at Entrepreneur First
• Vanessa Vallely, managing director and founder of WeAreTheCity.com
Apple's flagship iPhone X goes head-to-head against Samsung's freshly launched Galaxy S9 and S9+
And, yep, it'll run Android rather than RiscOS
US engineering giant's cost-cutting outsourcing plan is on the rocks, according to insiders
HP Envy X2 laptop only affordable if you've got loadsamoney