Chinese telecoms manufacturer Huawei has won a temporary restraining order preventing Motorola from disclosing any of its confidential information to Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN).
The order was granted on Monday by the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois as part of the intellectual property infringement case between Huawei and Motorola.
Huawei had earlier filed suit against Motorola in a bid to stop the handset firm passing on intellectual property to NSN, which is to acquire Motorola's wireless network business for $1.2bn (£750m).
"Such a transfer, if consummated in its originally contemplated form, will result in the massive disclosure of Huawei's confidential information to NSN, with irreparable harm to Huawei," the Chinese telecoms maker said in the original 33-page filing.
The deal is still awaiting approval from the Chinese Ministry of Commerce, and the judge in the case has told Motorola to notify the court as soon as any decision is made on this front.
The order also requests that both parties "agree upon the terms of a protective order" within 24 hours.
Dust storm on Titan only the third Solar System body where such storms have been observed
New technique could enable quantum computers to scale-up to millions of qubits
Systrom and Krieger taking time off "to explore our curiosity and creativity"
Comcast's £29.7bn winning bid more than twice the £13.7bn Rupert Murdoch valued Sky at just eight years ago