1. Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you?d have to buy a new car.
2. Occasionally your car would just die on the motorway for no reason. Accept this, restart and drive on.
3. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre would cause your car to stop and fail to restart and you?d have to re-install the engine. For some strange reason, you?d accept this too.
4. You could only have one person in the car at a time, unless you bought a ?Car 95? or a ?Car NT?. But then you?d have to buy more seats.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was twice as reliable, five times as fast, twice as easy to drive - but it would only run on five per cent of the roads.
6. The Macintosh car owners would get expensive Microsoft upgrades to their cars which would make their cars go much slower.
7. The oil, engine, petrol and alternator warning lights would be replaced with a single ?General Car Fault? warning light.
8. People would get excited about the 'new' features in Microsoft cars, forgetting completely that they had been available in other cars for many years.
9. We?d all have to switch to Microsoft petrol and all auto fluids but the packaging would be superb.
10. New seats would force everyone to have the same size bottom.
11. The airbag system would say: 'Are you sure?' before going off.
12. If you were involved in a crash, you would have no idea what happened.
13. They wouldn?t build their own engines but form a cartel with their engine suppliers. The latest engine would have 16 cylinders, multipoint fuel injection and four turbos but it would be a side valve design so you could use Model-T Ford parts on it.
14. There would be an ?Engine Pro? with bigger turbos but it would be slower on most existing roads.
15. Microsoft cars would have a special radio/cassette player which would only be able to listen to Microsoft FM and play Microsoft cassettes. Unless of course, you buy the upgrade to use existing stuff.
16. Microsoft would do so well, because even though they don?t own any roads, all of the road manufacturers would give away Microsoft cars free, including IBM!
17. If you still ran old versions of car (CarDOS 6.22/CarWIN 3.11) then you would be called old fashioned but you would be able to drive much faster, and on more roads.
18. If you couldn?t afford to buy a new car, then you could just borrow your friends and then copy it.
19. Whenever you bought a car, you would have to reorganise ignition for a few days before it worked.
20. You would need to buy an upgrade to run cars on a motorway next to each other.
Found by calculating the strength of the material deep inside the crust of neutron stars
Can highlight in real-time the relevant regions of an image being described
Double legal trouble for Musk as he also faces civil lawsuit over renewed British pot-holer 'paedo' claims
Battery development could help boost performance of smartphones