Cisco will offer its networking products bundled with Cap Gemini Ernst & Young's integration and application services through a joint venture formed this week.
The venture, called Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Telecom, Media & Networks, will operate as a subsidiary of the consulting firm. Cap Gemini, which bought Ernst & Young's consultancy business in March, has a 95.1 per cent stake in the venture, and Cisco owns the remaining 4.9 per cent.
The new business will employ nearly 6000 management and IT consultants, and will operate from 24 locations throughout the US, Asia and Europe. The companies have also established research and development labs in California, Boston, Dallas, London, Paris, Munich and Singapore.
Cap Gemini's service offerings include ecommerce, broadband and supply chain integration, voice and data integration, and wireless applications.
Alexandre Haeffner, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young's chief executive, said: "We have created an entity that is perfectly positioned to decipher the increasingly complex convergence of telecoms, media and networking."
Most of the staff will come from Cap Gemini's existing telecoms and media group, but Cisco will also make available some of its networking specialists. The new unit will focus mainly on Europe, but will also extend to the US and Asia.
Cotton seedling freezes to death as Chang'e-4 shuts down for the Moon's 14-day lunar night
Fortnite easily out-earns PUBG, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018
Meteor showers as a service will be visible for about 100 kilometres in all directions
Saturn's rings only formed in the past 100 million years, suggests analysis of Cassini space probe data
New findings contradict conventional belief that Saturn's rings were formed along with the planet about 4.5 billion years ago