Almost 40 per cent of computer users admit to swearing, shouting and becoming violent with troublesome PCs, and the problem is set to get worse.
As spam and online fraud increase the pressure on beleaguered PC users, a fifth of them are threatening to give up on IT altogether.
Security firm Symantec, which conducted a survey of UK computer users, said that a mere 14 per cent are never irritated by problems with their PC. This leaves 86 per cent driven mad by so-called 'PC pests'.
The top problems are slow performance and system crashes (23 per cent); spam, scams and too much email (20 per cent); pop-up advertisements (15 per cent); and viruses (14 per cent).
According to the findings, 39 per cent of us are likely to have an extreme reaction to computer-induced stress, including swearing, shouting and even violence.
Mike Fisher, training director at the British Association of Anger Management, said: "Stress brought on by PC pests can all too easily turn to anger, which is not only unpleasant but will impact on those around us and inhibit our productivity.
"If you are suffering from stress, the best thing to do is breathe deeply, remind yourself to keep your cool and take a break from your computer for a few minutes. This should help you to avoid being known as the office hot head!"
Kevin Chapman, Symantec's small business director, added: "General PC problems, such as slow performance and system crashes, continue to get on our nerves.
"But new irritants such as spam and pop-up ads are now getting in our way as well, and can really increase our stress levels."
J1043+2408 was observed for more than 10 years, and its radio light curve exhibited a periodic signal repeating in about 563 days
Success of Unity's test flight means Virgin Galactic is now close to taking its first paying tourist into space
V3 puts the pro-level football GPS tracker through its paces, and asks if it's more than a gimmick
Finding refutes many earlier studies that suggest that galaxies don't have much dark matter at the time of their birth