Networking integrator Siemens Network Systems has merged with two of its subsidiaries in an effort to win more European deals.
SNS will combine with Arche in France and PRES in Italy to form networking integrator Omnetica. The company says total sales of the merged company stand at around €400m (£266m), with customers in 78 countries. It began trading under the Omnetica name today.
Siemens separately acquired the three companies in the mid-1990s, and since then they have grown to 10 times their original size and have always been profitable, according to the company.
Peter Halls, Omnetica group's chief executive, said: "All three companies, which have always been vendor independent, have come together.
"Siemens was known as a telco but we are an enterprise networking company. The re-brand will change this."
The company will also increase the diversity of vendors it works with. Fausto Amaroso, vice president marketing at Omnetica said: "We are constantly adding more partners, ranging from security to IP telephony vendors."
The previously separate companies had a number of vendors in common, such as Cisco, Nokia and EMC, but some are unique to certain companies.
Amaroso said some of these vendors would now be partnered in other regions.
The main investment backing for the new company will come from private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, which has taken an 81 per cent shareholding. Siemens AG will hold the remaining 19 per cent.
Halls said that the merger would put Omnetica in the top six pan-European system integrators and would make it easier to win pan-European deals.
Customers include Ford, British Airways, Kraft, BMW, Michelin, Glaxo Wellcome, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Ferrero, William Hill and Peugeot.
Nick Watson, head of unified channels UK at Cisco, said Omnetica could now compete with the biggest integrators.
"Combining with the French and Italian subsidiaries will increase its ability to compete for the big pan-European deals," he said.
Watson said the name change would take away confusion and conflict in marketing strategies of the future. "People associated it with Siemens in the past."
Cotton seedling freezes to death as Chang'e-4 shuts down for the Moon's 14-day lunar night
Fortnite easily out-earns PUBG, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018
Meteor showers as a service will be visible for about 100 kilometres in all directions
Saturn's rings only formed in the past 100 million years, suggests analysis of Cassini space probe data
New findings contradict conventional belief that Saturn's rings were formed along with the planet about 4.5 billion years ago