What do you make on 1 January and break a short while later? Your New Year's resolutions of course. In our last issue of the year, we asked five senior IT bosses to tell us their 1997 resolutions. This is what they said:
Tom Schuster, Novell's managing director for the UK, Ireland and Africa
- To actually use my golf club membership
- To see my sons before they go to university (my wife tells me they have just started school)
- To remember to drive to our new head-quarters building in Arlington Park, Bracknell (we're moving in the New Year from the more familiar surroundings of London Road)
- To go to Twickenham and see South Africa crush all comers
Geoff Webster, CEO of the Federation Against Software Theft
- To get myself a bullet-proofKevlar vest so I can go on raids with the investigation team
Jon Molyneux, general manager for Apple UK
- To continue the trend towards increasinly sophisticated miniaturisation (both Apple and
I are in advanced stages of this resolution already)
Jim Horsburgh, Visio International's European managing director
- I promise to stop demonstrating Visio on British Airways flights!
Geoff Leary, chief executive of Dr Solomon's Software
- To get home early at least once a week, without a car full of analyst's reports to read at home."
Instapaper to 'go dark' in Europe until it can work out GDPR compliance
James Robbins of ArrowXL says that AI is no longer 'tomorrow's technology'
Staff told to beware of "unusual sounds" after an employee reported mystery symptoms
Sophisticated malware comprises code previously used to attack Ukraine