Microsoft is to delay the planned autumn release of the latest in its Flight Simulator series because of links made between the game and terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center last week.
The game allows players to fly low over US cities, including New York. Last Friday, Microsoft said it would remove pictures of the World Trade Center towers from future versions.
Some reports said that the terrorists may have practised their approach using the game, although this appears to be highly speculative.
In a statement the software giant said that it "did not seem to be an appropriate time to launch such a product" and is yet to set an alternative date.
Video games makers, mindful of being labelled insensitive, are reviewing forthcoming releases in the wake of last week's attacks.
Reports say that a new version of Duke Nukem is being edited because of violent New York-based scenes, while Konami's Metal Gear Solid 2, one of the biggest releases of the year, may be delayed as its counter-terrorist hero begins the game in the New York area.
AMD's Zen chip roll-out continues with the focus on high-power embedded applications
And becomes the team's executive chairman to boot
Tesla founder leaves OpenAI group - while Valve Software's Gabe Newell joins