Pictures of another Dell laptop that set itself on fire have emerged.
The incident occurred in November last year in Singapore, according to an article on the Sydney Morning Herald.
A man, who asked not to be named, was working late in office when his computer started making "popping noises".
"It wasn't quite an explosion, but white smoke began to pour out of the machine, completely filling up the room, and there were flames coming up the sides of the laptop," he told the paper.
The machine was running on battery power at the time.
He extinguished the machine by removing the batteries and plunging it into a sink full of water and leaving it there overnight.
The report follows two other cases where the computer company’s machines have overheated.
A further case involving a Dell laptop setting on fire in Illinois came to light last week.
Pictures of the charred remains of the Dell laptop have been posted on the Sydney Morning Herald blog.
Dell was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.
Australian government to require technology and communications companies to provide access to messages
New bill avoids demanding 'backdoors' in encryption, but includes measures to compel companies to provide access to encrypted communications
Indonesian overclocker Ivan Cupa (with the aid of a lot of liquid nitrogen) achieves record overclock on AMD's latest Threadripper
Ssupermassive black hole is so big it corresponds to four per cent of the galaxy's total mass
Imminent attack will target a single bank with cloned cards used to fraudulently withdraw millions over one weekend