Five workers at a German internet company caught food poisoning after ignoring a warning about what they thought was a computer virus.
The management of an Italian restaurant in Berlin emailed their customers with the warning "Watch out for the tuna fish", after discovering that it was infected.
But the customers dismissed the message as a warning about a computer virus. In reality, it turned out that a local caterer had supplied tuna salad with a dressing made from old eggs and the management team had badly worded the warning.
Five members of the team were hospitalised before staff worked out the misunderstanding.
News website Ananova quoted company spokesman Pascal Bazzazi as saying: "About half an hour after eating it the first staff members developed red spots on their faces and suddenly got really hot and felt terrible."
'We are making good progress on 10nm,' claims Intel
Engineer calculates that Chengdu's plan to replace streetlights with artificial moonlight would cost $100bn
Research could also apply to other 'space weather' events involving hot, fast-moving plasma
Dark matter holds the Universe together - and gravitational waves could help identify it