Instagram is still the best filter-based photo app on the market
License: Free for personal use only
The hugely popular photo sharing app has just added Instagram Stories - a new feature that lets you share multiple photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours.
The Facebook-owned photo and video social network now boasts user numbers that exceed 500 million people.
You can use Instagram to:
• Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools, and combine multiple clips into one video.
• Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
• Watch stories from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed. View them at your own pace.
• Discover photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts in the Explore tab.
• Send private messages, photos, videos and posts from your feed directly to friends with Instagram Direct.
• Instantly share your posts to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social networks.
Instagram is also available to download on iOS.