Now with added Bubble Zoom, Google's Play Book app offers a slick, feature-rich reading experience
License: Free for personal use only
Google Play Books is a popular reading app and book marketplace.
Google recently announced Bubble Zoom, an exciting innovation made possible by artificial intelligence algorithms. The feature, exclusive to Android, was unveiled to comic book and graphic novel fans at San Diego's Comic Con.
Bubble Zoom makes it possible to enlarge speech bubbles in comics, thereby aiding the flow of the story, one tap at a time.
At the time of writing Bubble Zoom is compatible with all Marvel and DC Comics series. Eventually Google wants to extend this to all comics and Manga.
Google Play offers millions of books including new releases, bestsellers, textbooks and free classics.
The Google Play Books app allows you to:
- Read offline
- Bookmark pages, highlight text, and add notes
- Sync your Bookmarks, notes, and reading positions across your phones, tablets and computers
- Search within books, use dictionary, find geographical information, discover web results, and wikipedia right on the page
- Select fonts, font size, and layout for flowing text books
- Choose day, night, and sepia reading modes
- Listen to books with text-to-speech when publisher allows
- Upload PDF or EPUB files to your library