The LG v6000 mobile phone of a student in Wyoming caused burn wounds when it exploded on the owner's bed, according to a Philadelphia ABC affiliate.
The student had placed the phone on her bed while it was being charged. The explosion burned a hole through her sheets and caused a large "popping" sound.
The owner had replaced the factory issued battery with an unapproved one – which in the past has caused several mobile phone explosions. Other than saying that she should've known better, these pictures might deter future battery skinflints.
Some parts of Atacama have not received rainfall for 500 years - but a sudden deluge of water upset the Desert's delicate biological balance
Spitzer Space Telescope could not spot Oumuamua, suggesting that it is actually pretty small
Greenland crater one of the 25 largest impact craters on Earth
This long-sought progenitor star was identified in an image captured by Hubble in 2007